Wednesday, August 16, 2017

There Is A Last Time For Everything 8/16/2017

Good Morning,

Wow, it's Wednesday already and I am seeing Friday over the top of my glasses. I  just filled my cup with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and my heart is full of prayer today.



I remember the last football game I played and it is a fond memory. I still will throw the ball around a little, but that last game was the last game. My two knees would never last more than one play now. There will always be "last times" in our lives. Some day I will take my last breath until the day the rapture comes. Some day will be my last day to drive a car or to duck hunt. We all face those "last times".

Right now some of you are praying for some "last times" to take place. It could be the last payment on a home. The last time you will be in debt. The last time you or a family member will be drunk. Maybe it's the last time insults will be hurled at you by an angry spouse. Or the last time someone will beat on you. It could be that you are hoping for the last time you see your child, wild with drugs.
It could be you are praying for the last time you worry about the one who can't be found. Or the last time you visit the jail.

Two things can be said about the preceding paragraph. Those last times will all come. Some seem to be further away than others, but they all come. Not always the way we wanted them to, nor in the time we wanted. Some will rejoice with the sober spouse. Some will see the last pill ingested. But I know this for sure. We won't be waiting on these things when we stroll the walks of heaven.

Revelation 21:4New International Version (NIV)
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
 
The second thing is this. Maybe you are the addict or alcoholic. Maybe you are the "over aggressive angry one". Maybe you are the habitual liar or thief. You can change and see the last of these bad habits. You can have power over them. You can win. But you need a partner who is stronger than you. One who can strengthen you.
 
 Philippians 4:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Now for a last sip of coffee.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment