Thursday, May 18, 2017

When The Glass Is Empty 5/18/17

Good Morning,

It was a stormy night and morning came just when I needed it most. I have been nursing a sore mouth for the last week and I decided to skip my Door county Cherry Creme' Coffee. Even coffee doesn't taste good right now.



Empty glasses always remind me of the well of emotion, passion and strength within each of us. From time to time no matter how tough we are, the well within runs dry. This cup holder and glasses are empty, in a few days they will need to be dusted. Unless they are filled with a beverage by someone, they will remain empty. No matter how much I spend on a cup, it never refills itself. The world can drain us of our emotions, passion and strength. There is someone right now thinking that life is just way too tough. I too, find the well within me dry from time to time. How do we refill the well?

We start by admitting it is empty and it needs a refill. I turn to prayer and then to God's word. It always leads me to a place where I can recharge my spirit. Sometimes it takes a day or two. But whether it is a fast recharge or a slow trickle charge, I go there and I am never disappointed.

LOVE (John 14:23) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

 HOPE (Rom 15:4) For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

REFOCUS  (1 Pet 1:13-15) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

Go and refill the well within you from the Fountain that does not run dry. God loves you and desires to comfort and help rebuild you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment