Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Jesus Loves, Even Me 5/3/2017

Good Morning,

Wednesday came in with frost on the ground in this part of the world. If it were Saturday I would have a small fire in the fireplace. So to warm me up a little I poured a bigger than usual cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee.

1 Timothy 1:15-16New King James Version (NKJV)
15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

I believe there is only one interpretation of the Bible, but I believe that there are many applications of the Word.  The passage above was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by the Apostle Paul. Paul is basically saying that Jesus came into the world to save sinners and no one would be excluded, even the vilest of sinners. Paul was responsible for persecuting many Christians. He consented to the death of Stephen. He used his prior life's antics as an example on how much God loves us, that the sacrifice of Jesus was made and could be had by even such a sinner as Paul.

Acts 22:20New King James Version (NKJV)
20 And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.

As I said I believe in many applications of the Word. As I was reading our two passages for today, I was reminded of the price that was paid for my sins. The cross Jesus bore for my sins should have been mine to carry and die on. There is no way that I should ever be a resident of heaven some day or even stop by for a visit. But Jesus showed His love for me that before I received Him as Lord and Savior, He died for me. Jesus loves, even me. Paul could have been writing that verse about me.



Friends, He loves you too. Take a moment today to realize and appreciate what Jesus has done on our behalf. And for those who haven't surrendered your heart to Jesus, don't turn Him away. He loves, even you.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: