Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Sweet Peach Tea 5/23/2017

Good Morning,

That aroma I smell this morning isn't Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. That aroma was already here an hour ago. What I smell is the fresh buns in the oven that I made last night when I couldn't sleep. I set them out to rise and in a few minutes they will be done. Fresh warm bread and some coffee for breakfast.



I am not really summer kind of guy, but I make do until the fall comes. One of the things that I look forward to in the summer is my first batch of Sweet Peach Tea. I make mine with some of the frozen peaches we stored away from last year. A good hot day deserves an ice cold glass of peach tea. I haven't had the opportunity to brew some just yet, but it is coming.

Matthew 10:42New International Version (NIV)
42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

What does that have to do with Jesus, or the Bible, or anything in general? Well, it has a whole lot to do with being kind. Jesus is all about sharing and doing kind things for others. We have new neighbors and they purchased the home next store. The home was up for sale for a long time and the property was neglected. Our new neighbors are hard at it everyday that doesn't rain. My sweet peach tea is pretty good. No bragging , just a fact. I plan on bringing them some on the first hot day we get around here. Here's the point, I possess something good, and it would be a shame not to share and also try to strike up a good neighbor friendship. While I am drinking tea with them I plan to offer  some help with that yard work. We are to help others.

What's cooking in your oven? Or what's brewing in the refrigerator? What can you share out of kindness? It doesn't take much to say you care.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment