Friday, May 12, 2017

Mr. Grumpy Pants 5/12/2017

Good Morning,

Nothing like a day off from work, started off with a big cup of Door County Swedish Lingonberry Tart Coffee and a couple of Ibuprofen.



That doesn't seem like much of a breakfast but I have been nursing a sore tooth for a couple of days and yesterday was highlighted with some major dental work. In health care we have a pain scale of 1 being not so bad and 10 being the worst. I have been at a steady number eight for 24 hours now and I can say that I am glad that it is down from a steady 10. Better days are coming.

However, I have to say that I am not one to suffer without it changing my attitude and demeanor. I had on a pair of "grumpy pants" and I noticed my family was steering clear of me. They weren't going to poke the bear. I am certainly not happy about that behavior, nor proud of it. So I will pray today to be able to either get better or suffer nicer.

We have an example to live by for suffering. While on the cross, Jesus showed compassion to others twice while suffering immense pain. I believe I need to learn from His example and realize that the sun does not rise and set, just on me.

Jesus and the criminal.
Luke 23:39-43New American Standard Bible (NASB)
39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

John 19:26-27New International Version (NIV)
26 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “Woman, here is your son,” 27 and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, this disciple took her into his home

Despite being in a world of hurt, Jesus showed love and compassion to a criminal and made arrangements for His mother to be taken care of after His death. He put others first over His suffering.

I think we can all learn to act nice despite circumstances.

I know I need to try and do better today. How about you?

Marty

2 comments: