Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Face To Face With An Angel 5/2/2017

Good Morning,

Time to get up, pray, write and enjoy a cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee. Maybe the rain in Wisconsin will cease for awhile today.

Luke 2:8-11New International Version (NIV)
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.




God still uses angels as messengers to His people as well as using them to protect us as guardians. That statement always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just knowing they are out there.

Psalm 34:7New International Version (NIV)
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
    and he delivers them

I want to make this statement of belief. I believe in God, His Son Jesus and the Third part of the Trinity is the Holy Spirit. I believe in all three.  I also believe that there are angels all around us created to serve God and others.

I believe we run the chance of encountering them face to face.

Hebrews 13:2New International Version (NIV)
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

I believe that I have encountered angels many times in my ministry work. But when they come as a messenger how do we react? Do we blow their message off or heed it. Scripture indicates that we could encounter angels at anytime, so why not expect it and develop a heart that is ready to receive the word of God and then act on it in obedience?

On one particular mission trip, a woman approached some of us and told us that she was there to tell us what direction we should travel. We did exactly what she said and the fruit of miracles was evident all up and down that street. The woman disappeared and we never saw her again. I looked everywhere for her.

I really believe that she was an angel.

How about you? Dare to encounter angels?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment