Monday, May 29, 2017

Alone With My Thoughts 5/29/17

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and an English Muffin sit before me.



I am in Upper Michigan today. I arrived here yesterday with our nephew Matt. Matt left gor home today at about 5AM. I am at my parents house. It's weird being here alone. With the two of them now passed on a  place that once was active and full of life is now a shell still filled with a few items yet to be moved. It is so quiet here on the lake that you can hear the clock ticking. We mowed the grass yesterday, moved furniture and started some sidewalk repairs.  Hopefully the rain will hold off and let me continue.

I tried gathering my thoughts today so I would be able to write with inspiration. That really did not happen. I spent the last hour in prayer and found peace in the prayer. I then spent time in the Bible. I found peace there. So this blog will be short today.  Friends,  as I struggled to find peace here in which to me is still a place of mourning, I sought God for help. He will sustain me. But I needed to sit still and seek Him out.

Deuteronomy 4:29 "But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and soul. 

Where are your thoughts today? Do they burden you? If they do, slow di enjoy and seek the Lord. He will surely meet with you.

Love

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment