Monday, May 8, 2017

A Place In The Sun 5/8/2017

Good Morning,

I feel like the weekend was just too short for my liking. So to get this day in order, I prayed, and then filled a big mug with Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain  Blend Coffee.



I am an avid duck hunter and as all duck hunters do, I too prefer the weather to be overcast with a little drizzle to make the ducks fly lower. But with my age now considered to be AARP eligible I will admit that I like my weather for duck hunting two ways. I like it colder and overcast with drizzle while I am hunting. When it's time to leave however I do appreciate seeing the sun come out and warm my back and my face a little. Those who would say "no way do we want that sunshine" are not telling the truth. After an early morning out in the dark, riding in your boat with ice pellets hitting you in the face and then finding out that your decoy gloves sprung a leak, many a hunter welcomes the sun with this statement, "Man that sun feels good".

John 8:12English Standard Version (ESV)

I Am the Light of the World

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

In this life we often experience the cold harsh fact that we live in a world preoccupied with sin. Life can be tough. Because of sin, death entered the world, sickness abounds, hatred and violence are on the daily menu and we at times hurt and are confused. The world seems damp, dreary, overcast, and cold.  I have found a place of rescue. Like a duck hunter who hunts right up until the dark of the night, I head to the Light Of The World. I find my place in the Son and warm up with His love and comfort. To sit and know that Jesus loves me and has made an eternal home for me, warms my heart and calms all my fears. "Man that Son feels good."

Galatians 2:20New International Version (NIV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Like the sun on a cold day, physically warms me up, The Son warms my soul and gives me hope for each day. Have you found your place in the Son?


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment