Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Getting Real With God 5/17/2017

Good Morning,

Wednesday has arrived and I appreciate that it leads off into Thursday and Friday. My mug is filled with Door County Peanut Coconut Cupcakes Coffee. I have decided that I am worth having two cups, with a few to share.



There is no doubt in my mind that we are to be people who tell the truth at all times. I believe that when we are telling the truth we are close to God. Honesty is our best policy in pursuit of closeness with God. We see Jesus being truthful to the Father when He cried out from the painful, embarrassing, and lonely cross, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"  Jesus was expressing His feelings of pain, abandonment, and loneliness. He knew why He was there and really wasn't expressing a lack of faith. He was obedient unto death. Jesus had taken the sins of the world to that cross and then felt the pain of being separated from the Father by our sins. So he cried out in truth.

But are we "true to our word Christians?" Or are we fake in our faith. Do we ever express our love and yet tell God exactly how we are feeling? Like "Lord I just lost a loved one and this sucks. Where are You? I feel alone?" Bad things happen to good people. Should we expect anything different while we live in this world, which for now is the home of the devil? God does not always explain His grand design, but in times of stress and pain, He reveals Himself. He calls to us through His word and desires to comfort us. It's ok to crawl up on His lap and let Him know how we feel. He comforted the sisters of Lazarus when they called for Him. They spoke the truth to Jesus. He did not recoil from them, but embraced their tears.

Matthew 11:28-30New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

You are close to God when you are truthful.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment