Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Some Things Never Change. 5/10/2017

Good Morning,

I hear the sound of Door County Raspberry Sorbet steaming into the coffee pot and the aroma from the kitchen is a "Great Wake Up Call".

My brother's oldest boy has been my hunting partner and sidekick for a long time. I remember taking him out to a swamp and him sitting on my lap eating Gummy Bears and blowing my duck calls. He was about four years old when we started hunting.



I have been known to appreciate a good warm hat or two through the years. When Nick was little he would often dress like me. I still have that hat and wear it when Rene and I go snow tubing or when I am shoveling snow. Our clothing has changed a little and often on weekends during hunting season, we are still dressed alike. Some things just don't change and I for one am glad that they don't. I have been told that I am a stubborn old cuss and I am content with that. Not much is going to change me now. Here are a couple of things this old stubborn cuss knows.

 I love Jesus and count on His coming back to take me home to heaven someday. That will never change. Jesus is the One that does not change and can be counted on at all times to never change. The Word of God does not change either. My family can count on me to wear warm hats and the hats will always be ones that I like. You can count on Jesus and once you put Him on as Lord and Savior you never want to change.

Hebrews 13:8New International Reader's Version (NIRV)
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


Isaiah 40:8New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

The grass dries up. The flowers fall to the ground.
    But what our God says will stand forever.’ ”

Aren't you glad some things never change? I am!

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment