Friday, June 10, 2016

When Lightning Strikes 6/10/2016

Good Morning,

Let's get this Friday started with a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee, some Bible time and some prayer.



We have had a few storms pass through already this summer. As long as it isn't too close I like to watch lightning flashes as they paint the sky. It is so impressive when it goes from total darkness to  daylight in a flash.  My mother used to tell us that thunder was just a bunch of angels bowling in heaven and it was nothing to be afraid of.

When I see lightning it reminds me of how small I am compared to the rest of the world and how miniscule I am compared to God. It reminds me of His power and might. It also makes me think about His patience with me. God directs the lightning and yet he tolerates me and does not rain down His power on me. Lighting reminds me that God is an artist and his display of lightning is a show that no one sees if from the same angle. It looks a little different to each person who sees it. No human can produce art like that.

Psalm 135:7       

He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; Who makes lightning for the rain, Who brings forth the wind from His treasuries

So protect yourself in storms, but when possible take in a lightning show. God outs on some great fireworks.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment