Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Take Me Out To The Ball Game 6/29/2016

Good Morning,

I took the day off from work today so I can get a few things done around the house. The Old Ford Pickup needs a little attention today. I am way behind on a few things. Our general routine is out of line with normal due to some family concerns. So this morning I get to write from my retreat on the patio with a cup of Door County Cinnamon Biscotti Coffee at my side and the dog laying on my feet. Not a bad way to start the day.

Luke 15:6-8New King James Version (NKJV)

And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

There has been so much going on in our lives that "real busy" doesn't even describe it. I looked at Rene the other day and her mother's accident and recovery with those worries have taken their toll. I see tired eyes and a need for a rest. So tonight we are packing up a lunch and we are going to a baseball game with our grandson. It is a mini escape from life. There is more work to be done at the house, mission trip planning to be done, phone calls to be made, but no way are they going to get done. It's time for a chair to embrace our butts, go off line and unwire for a few hours and eat some cotton candy or popcorn. We will cheer for the home team, yell a little and enjoy being together.



I like to watch baseball because it does remind me of God. The batter starts out at home plate and his goal is to get a hit and hopefully a home run. A home run allows the batter to run and touch all the bases and step on home plate where the team welcomes him home with hand shakes and hoopla. They rejoice in him making it home. The trip around the bases reminds me of life. We start out in life and the path way ( like the bases) leads us home. The home run we hit is receiving Jesus into our lives as Lord and Savior. That path leads us home to heaven some day where their is rejoicing and celebration. So tonight when others are cheering on the team, my mind will wander for a moment to look at the bases and think of God and my journey around His base path. I will smile because I know eventually I will come sliding into home! Take me out to that game!

Have a great day. Play some ball.

Love to all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment