Friday, June 24, 2016

Learning To Drive 6/24/2016

Good Morning,

Friday is here and it is here to stay! I increased my joy by brewing a pot of Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee and it is going down so very, very nicely.

Our Grandson Dominick is here for a visit and, we have been busy with hospital visits to Rene's mother. So I haven't had much time to spend with our young man. He now has is learners permit to drive a vehicle. So while running errands and going to the hospital I thought it would be a good time to toss him the keys to the Jeep and let him practice. Our plan was to avoid the highway and concentrate on city traffic to hone his skills. It wasn't too long ago that this young man was asking for a quarter so he could ride the mechanical horse outside of the Walmart near his home. Eventually he graduated to small engine go-karts at the amusement parks. It just seemed odd to be tossing him the car keys.




It wasn't too long into our excursion that I started to feel more and more comfortable with his driving skills. Here and there I coached a little, but not too much. Dominick said something while I was giving him directions to our destination. "When I am not driving I can remember the directions to almost any destination. But when I am driving it's hard to drive and remember where we are going"!

It's the same with our daily walk. We get so busy doing with other things that we forget to spend time with God. We actually lose our way to finding Him without a lot of trouble. It seems that God is like a foreign land after being away from Him. Well that's not His fault, it is ours.

Jeremiah 29:13New International Version (NIV)

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

It is impossible to concentrate on God and do other things at the same time. We need that alone time, in the quiet, to engage our hearts with His.

Have a great weekend!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment