Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Heartache That Doesn't Have To Be 6/2/2016

Good Morning,

My mug was just filled with Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and my day has wheels in motion. I have a lot on my mind and more on my heart today. I think it is best to pray through the day.



I'll bet that we all know someone or knew someone that was going through or is going through a family split. There is nothing but heartache and despair during those times. It impacts adults and children and it often spreads to more than just one family. It is ugly to watch and never is really a"friendly split". Someone if not everyone involved ends up hurting.

It has been taught and wrongly I have to say, that a marriage is 50/50. No marriage can be 50/50. That is wrong thinking and allows for each person to be only 50% committed.

Here is the right answer. Each person has 100% of the responsibility to keep their vows and the marriage alive. They own 100% of the faults that they bring to the table.

First, if each person would take their relationship with God seriously and take His Word as truth to live by and fully authoritative, this heartache could be avoided.

Rene and I have adopted some Scripture to test our motives, and our reasoning within our marriage to avoid woes. We use the following verses as a test. it is a simple way to show you how wrong you are and convict you to make changes.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind.(Am I being kind?) It does not envy,( Am I?)  it does not boast, it is not proud.(Is my pride in the way?)  It does not dishonor others, (How do my actions impact others and God?) it is not self-seeking,(Am I being selfish?)  it is not easily angered,( Am I blowing up about nothing)?  it keeps no record of wrongs.( Am I keeping score to get even?) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.(Do I?) It always protects,(Am I protecting myself or others?)  always trusts,( Am I trusting God or in myself?)  always hopes,(Who is the foundation of my hope?) always perseveres.( Am I a quitter

It's very easy to see where you are and how much you contribute to the issues. God's Word is very convicting. This makes it easy to know when we are heading down the wrong road. Some say it is conscience. I say it is the Holy Spirt showing you when you are wrong.

Simple, simple simple. Why can't people get it right?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment