Sunday, June 12, 2016

I Tried To Think And Nothing Happened 6/12/16

Good Morning,

What a beautiful morning it is outside on the patio writing to you Dear Friends and enjoying a cup of Door County Coconut Crush Coffee. I chose this flavor specifically to go with my breakfast of avocados, mango, and oranges. Usually I am a bacon and eggs kind of guy, but today I decided to treat myself to something cold for breakfast.

You all know that I am not the brightest bulb in the package. I do however try to think. But most of the time when I turn that switch on, nothing happens. Maybe you suffer from the same plague! Some of you are laughing because you are thinking "He thinks"?????



We have a new neighbor who walks her baby in a stroller past our home, they cross the street and come and sniff our flowers at the edge the driveway. I usually see this from inside the house. A few days ago I just happened to be in the garage when the two visited the perfumed emporium of flowers. I did the neighborly thing and introduced myself. They seemed startled, it might have had something to do with the chainsaw I was sharpening?? I welcomed them to the neighborhood and the young lady told me how much her daughter loved to smell the wild flowers in the flower bed. I told them to sniff away anytime. Thinking that that was the end of the conversation this stay at home mom decided to bend my ear on how the move into the neighborhood was more expensive than they thought and that planting flowers would have to wait until next year. I think that she only gets to do baby talk all day and she was willing to talk with an adult even if he was sharpening a weapon of tree destruction.  I again invited them to share in our garden anytime. I was very self satisfied that I showed my sensitive side.

I mentioned this to Rene and she said that it would be a nice idea to purchase some flowers and give them as a welcome gift. "We could share and show the love of God". Now why didn't I think of that? I prayed about it and thought that it was a perfect plan and how glad I am to have married someone who has a brain that works.

Isaiah 55:8-9New International Version (NIV)
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

But God had different plans. He liked the idea, but decided to show me how He was going to work it out. Yesterday the doorbell rang and at the door was a dear friend of ours and her son. She explained that she was dropping off a gift for us. Her son is in school ( Horticulture) and they had an abundance of flowers that they were giving away. They wanted to add to our collection of posies. She gave us a pile of beautiful flowers to plant. I called Rene who is away taking care of her mother to check in on them and tell her the story. She laughed and said "God knows where the flowers need to go! Help those kids out and ask if they need a pot or two, to plant them in. We have spares"   I almost threw the spares out two weeks ago and was corrected by the spare plant pots cop of the house.  Argh!

So today when the two sniffers come by, and they will, I will be able to give them some flowers and I will offer to walk them to their home. I haven't figured that out just yet but I am sure Rene and God have it all worked out. I bet my fresh banana bread that I baked at 6:AM is part of their plan. For some reason it isn't sliced yet and I don't think I am going to touch it. 

Oh what a wonderful God we serve!

Have a great day!

Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment