Saturday, June 11, 2016

Gnocchi For Grandma 6/11/2015

Good Morning,

I am still a little sleepy this morning. I will have to make sure to use spell check today. I just poured myself a cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee and I now have time to write.

Rene is going to be spending the weekend with her mother to assist in her recovery from a nasty fall. My job is to man the home front and finish some minor projects before our grandson comes for a visit in two weeks. The other quick project is to send along with Rene some meals for them to eat.

I was up pretty late making some meals for my mother in law. I am a fairly decent cook so that's my part in the rehab. I had some Gnocchi put up in the freezer in vacuum sealed bags. I always like to be prepared for surprise company or for emergencies meals. What I did not have ready was the pasta sauce. Now many of the bottled marinara pasta sauces are good, but nothing beats the home made style. I was caught unprepared to help or entertain! So it was sauce by midnight with chicken as the meat. For those who are wondering what a gnocchi is I have attached the description below.

Gnocchi

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gnocchi
Gnocchi di ricotta burro e salvia.jpg
Gnocchi di ricotta, dressed in butter and sage
TypeDumpling
CourseEntrée
Place of originItaly
Main ingredientsPotatoes (or semolina or wheat flour or breadcrumbs); sometimes eggs, cheese
Variationscavatielli, gnudi, malfatti, malloreddus, strangulaprievete
Gnocchi (/ˈnjɒki, ˈnɒ-, ˈn-, ˈnɔː-/[1][2][3] N(Y)OK-ee or NOH-kee, NAW-kee; Italian: [ˈɲɔkki], singular gnocco) are various thick, soft dough dumplings that may be made from semolina, ordinary what flour, egg, cheese, potato, breadcrumbs,[9] cornmeal, or similar ingredients, with or without flavorings of herbs, vegetables, or sweet things like cocoa or prunes. The dough for gnocchi is often rolled out, then cut into small pieces of about the size of a cork. They are then pressed with a fork or a cheese grater to make ridges which hold sauce well; alternatively, they may simply be cut into little lumps. Gnocchi is usually eaten as a replacement for pasta as a first course, but it can also be served as a contoro to some dishes

What does this have to do with a Christian Blog? It has a whole lot to do with life. Things happen all the time. No one can predict what will happen or when. We need to be prepared for visitors or to be able to use the gifts we have in an emergency. On Wednesday of this week if you had asked me what my weekend looked like I would have replied " A cookout with friends, some minor chores, a little target practice, church and some dog training." Our plans were changed with a broken shoulder. But the One thing we can count on is Jesus. He is always there and is truthful in everything.

John 14 1:7 New International Version (NIV)
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Many people ask the question "Does Heaven Exist". I am here to say that I haven't been there yet. But if Jesus said He is preparing a place for me there IT EXISTS. Someone who would die for me has nothing to gain by lying. Jesus loves us and would never have our hearts set with anticipation just to let us down. I have received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior so my eternal destination is planned and prepared.

Acts 2:21New International Version
21 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Nothing left for me to do but wait on the Lord to call me home. I don't have to pack, take along the gnocchi, or potato soup. I already loved the Lord because He first loved me. No surprises here just heaven awaiting. Now there's something you can count on.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment