Friday, October 31, 2014

Here Comes The Cold 10/31/2014 With A Recipe

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to each and everyone of you. The coffee filling my cup today is Door County Autumn Spice.

Well the weather forecast was correct and the temperature dove towards "cold". It isn't as cold as it will be but we have seen our first snow flakes. The timing is just a little earlier than usual.


The cold weather really doesn't bother me. I like wearing warm clothes with hats and gloves. I like sweaters and wool socks. I like a small fire in the hearth. I like extra blankets and a hot beverage. I prefer hot soup over most other foods. I like seeing snow fall.  I like sitting in a chair bundled up to stay warm with a study book and my Bible. I guess I was made for winter.

I read my Bible all year long in all different climates but it just seems to warm my heart more in the winter. The fireplace seems like the best place to talk with Jesus.

Whether or not you have a fireplace, like or dislike soup, prefer to live in the tropics instead of the frozen tundra, all of us need a chat with Jesus in a spot we can call our quiet place. Where is yours? Maybe you prefer a crowded area where you can sit and watch people while  you read and pray. It doesn't really matter what you drink, wear, or reside. Find time and a space. If you aren't where you would want to be, imagine yourself there and open the Good Book.

Matthew 24:35         
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

One of the drinks I enjoy during the winter is Wassail. Below I have attached a recipe that a youth camp way up North serves to it's winter campers.

Have a great day.

Marty

Old English Wassail

ingredients

3 cups sugar
1 quart water
12 whole cloves
6 allspice berries
2 tablespoons ground ginger
4 cinnamon sticks
8 lemons squeezed
10 oranges squeezed
1 quart cider

directions

Heat sugar and water; stir to dissolve sugar. Boil 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add all spices and let stand covered 1 hour in a warm place. Add all squeezed juices and cider. Bring to a boil. Serve at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment