Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Turn My Mourning Into Dancing 10/22/2014

Good Morning Dear Friends,

My day has started with my coffee cup in hand, filled with Door County Harvest Blend. Wednesday has arrived and it seems like this week is traveling through like a tornado. Where has time gone?

Psalm 30:11-12New Living Translation (NLT)
11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
    You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
 
Last night I spent some time with a dear friend who's Dad died yesterday morning. There is not much one can say during these times of grief and despair. Another good friend came along and before we knew it they were remembering fond times spent with their Dad and friend.
 
We had prayed before going to their home for peace and comfort. While listening to their memories and some laughter I knew that the Holy Spirit was providing comfort beyond all understanding. Only the Holy Spirit could bring a smile to faces in mourning. This was a true miracle. I thank God for doing what none of us were equipped to do. He provided comfort in the midst of the storm.
 
Just a little something to think about today. The power of the Holy Spirit and God's unfailing love were all my friend needed.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment