Monday, October 20, 2014

Praying Together 10/20/2014

Good Morning,

I am leaving for work a little earlier than normal today. Being off from work for ten days has me a little behind in my duties. I must say the vacation or as some put it "extended holiday" was much needed and every moment was enjoyed. My coffee this morning my coffee is Door County Harvest Blend. It fills my cup and my thermos bottle.

"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." Psalm 145:18

Yesterday in church our Pastor challenged couples to pray together. His message was right on and I enjoyed listening to the Holy Spirit speak through him. At our church I am the elder who oversees the Men's Ministry. As I was listening to our Pastor I could not help but wonder how many couples prayed together. I then wondered as to how many women had husbands in our church that do not pray with their wives.

Here are my thoughts and advice, if prayer is somewhat lacking in your home. Join a prayer group, be a person of prayer yourself by committing to pray more. Pray for those who's prayer life is non existent. Set the example of prayer by being openly involved in prayer.

Men step up and lead as you have been asked to do. Ladies do the same. If the husband won't pray, make sure you are and teach the children to pray.

If you don't know who to pray for, well, remember me. I will never turn down prayer.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment