Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fear, The One Thing We All Have In Common 10/30/2014

Good Morning,

The week is over half way finished. My morning is starting with a big cup of Door County Maple Coffee and I am moving slow. There is a little discomfort in these old legs today. My doctor injected my knees yesterday to extend the life of the joints. This is an annual thing and will be better in a few days.

Yesterday morning I completed my usual morning ritual of feeding our dog and then posting the blog. Gibbs ate and went back to sleep. I was very quiet as I went about my business. I was working from home for a bit so that changed my timing on getting him outside for some exercise and his restroom time. I was upstairs and could then hear him as he awoke running around looking for me. He was a little afraid that he missed his morning vitamins and his time outside. I whistled and he ran upstairs to my desk to be reassured that all was well, but just a little late. He experienced fear.

The one thing all mankind has in common is fear. We have all been afraid of something. The dark, spiders, loneliness, lack of work, illness, the future, and the list goes on and on.

A true fear for many is "what happens after I die"? Is that the end for me?  Jesus has the answer to that. The answers are found in the Bible. I have copied just a few verses that might ease your fears. But the first step is to call upon the name of Jesus and believe. Ask Him into your heart and accept the gift of eternal salvation and forgiveness of sin. There is a lot to fear in life. Why not eliminate one from your list?




John 11:25- Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that hears my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The Bible gives the directions for an eternity spent with God and no fears. Now it's your choice.


Have a great day,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment