Saturday, October 4, 2014

Putting Away The Summer 10/4/2014

Good Morning.

I took the luxury of sitting outside in the cold Wisconsin air before writing today. The coffee that fills my cup is Door County Harvest Blend. I toasted some apple spice English Muffins to go with the coffee and now I am ready to face the day. My Bible is open and ready to give me something from God. This is a good day.

Today is the opening day of the duck hunting season where I live and the cold weather will make it perfect for the guys and gals out there. You'd think that I would be out with them today. Well to be honest most everything I do today will be in preparation for 7 days of hunting starting next Saturday. I need to be diligent also at what needs to be done at home so the Mrs. isn't left with a pile of work while I am gone. Winter can set in pretty early here. I admit I that I would like to be out there with my nephew Nick, but I must keep focused.  And there will be a little hunting tomorrow afternoon.

Some of my chores for the next couple of days will be to winterize the yard and put away the summer things like planters and picnic tables. I am hoping to rake some leaves up today before that becomes a chore and a half.

One season always leads into another here. That's what I truly love about Wisconsin. But with the leading in, always comes with a good-bye to the last season.

It is the same with life. We need to be ready for the season changes. This is a bad word called aging.
I have heard some people say lately that it is stingy and not Biblical to save some money if you can. That is totally wrong. We are to save what we can for later years or to give to our family. I can just see arms going up all over now. "That is not Biblical. We are supposed to share". This is also true. We should share as we are able. But how can you share later if you haven't saved for it?

Here is the deal. It is Biblical to save. But if God tells you to give away all your possessions, then be obedient and do so. I was there once in my life and it was difficult to do. But it made me stronger and more able to trust God to provide. So pray and read Scripture to know if that is what God really wants. For the rest of us pray, share, and save as you are able.

Proverbs 21:20 - [There is] treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Proverbs 13:11 - Wealth [gotten] by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

Proverbs 13:22 - A good [man] leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner [is] laid up for the just.

Remember God provides us with all we have. We are to share and love our neighbor and save for that season in life called old age (Winter)

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment