Friday, October 10, 2014

If God Is With Me??? 10/10/2014

Good Morning Dear Friends,

My coffee this morning is Door County Maple. I will enjoy every last drop with a heart full of anticipation as to what tomorrow will bring.

My blog will be silent starting tomorrow through October 19th when I will resume writing. I am taking some time to recharge and pray. I will be asking God to fill me with rest and most of all messages to share. I look forward to sharing with you some stories from my days of rest and mind repairs.

Romans 8:31New King James Version (NKJV)

God’s Everlasting Love

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Many times the beautiful words of Romans 8:31 are used to inspire us to not fear those who are standing in our way of success. Or they are used to encourage those who the world is beating on to forge ahead and know that God is on their side.

I am not going to argue against or explain the theology behind the text. But if we use this text to encourage those who are beaten down by the world or Satan we should ask this question. Is it the world or Satan causing the problems? Many times the biggest stumbling block to Spiritual victory and peace is ourselves.

We like to hang on to sins that deep down inside please us. "The sins we like to keep". We hide them and pull them out when it pleases our own selfish sinful nature and then wonder "where is the victory, where is the peace?"

We are like gunfighters who fail to shoot the target but yet manage to shoot ourselves in the foot. We are our own worst enemies. It is very human to blame others for our problems and not take responsibility for our own faults. If God is for me, why should I be against me? That is the question we need to ask ourselves. You will find the answer is that you truly do not love and fear God.

Proverbs 1:7New King James Version (NKJV)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
But fools despise wisdom and instruction.
 
So quit joining the team that desires to beat you down and join the One who loves you most.
 
God bless. See you all on the 19th.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment