Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hope In Jesus Christ, When Scripture Leaves You Breathless 10/8/2014

Good Morning World,

I am sipping on a cup of coffee this morning from the Door County Coffee Company. The flavor of the day is Harvest Blend.

There are many verses in the Bible that hold me breathless when I read them. Revelation 20:12  and Revelation 21:27 are two of those.

Revelation 20:12King James Version (KJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.


Revelation 21:27New King James Version (NKJV)
27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Some day a roll call will be called by God and the books will be open and all will be there.

Those names who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will be found written in the Lamb's Book Of Life. Those people will spend eternity with God in heaven because of the price Jesus paid by dying on the cross for us. 

What makes me breathless as I read those verses above is that when that roll is called I will be there as well as many others. It also takes my breath away thinking about those who will be there and not go to heaven because of their own choice.

There isn't much that can be said to compliment the verses above. The finality and awesomeness of that day leave me breathless.

Below I attached the lyrics of one of my favorite hymns that describe that last day.

God bless.
Marty

When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder

  1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
    And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
    When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
    • Refrain:
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
  2. On that bright and *cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
    And the glory of His resurrection share;
    When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
  3. Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
    Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
    Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment