Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sweet Like Honey 10/29/2014

Good Morning,

Peace, love, and joy to you this day. My large mug is filled with Door County Caramel Apple Coffee. A smile is on my face and a prayer in my heart for some people dear to me.

Proverbs 24:13 My son, eat honey, for it is good, Yes, the honey from the comb is sweet to your taste;

My stomach has me planning ahead to the weekend. I'm not sure what day it will be just yet but some freshly baked rolls will be coming out of our oven on one of those days. The aroma of the baking rolls will anoint our home with comfort. One thing that I like to drizzle on to a warm roll just removed from the oven is fresh honey. Add a cup of coffee to it and I am one happy camper! To me this is a meal and dessert all in one. The sweet honey drenching the roll is a masterpiece that not much can compare to.

While munching on a roll with honey, drinking my favorite coffee, I plan to be reading my Bible. I am hoping and praying that the time spent with God's Word will provide me with some answers that I am looking for. The time alone spent in the Word actually is sweeter than honey. A word from the Lord cannot be compared to anything this world has to offer. There is nothing sweeter than hearing from God.

Psalm 119:103New King James Version (NKJV)
103 How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!

I hope that your weekend plans include a dose of "Spiritual Honey". 

Plan ahead. On second thought, why wait?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment