Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Cure For a Cold With a Recipe 10/8/2014

Good Morning,

I am writing to you very early today. I need to get moving and finish strong at work today so I can duck hunt for the next 8 days. My coffee this morning is Door County Autumn Spice.


I will be in hot pursuit of some ducks, Bible time, prayer time, good fellowship and some rest away from work over this next week. I am anticipating the weather to be cold. I will be wearing my warm weather gear, trying to stay warm and dry. My goal is to drink plenty of healthy juice and rest as needed.

But with all the precautions that I will take for my hunt and throughout the winter I probably will catch a cold sooner or later. Here's my cure for a bad cold.

Psalm 107:20
He sends forth His word and heals them and rescues them from the pit and destruction.


1. Admit you are sick.
2. Take time to heal.
3. Rest as much as you can.
4. Drink plenty of juice.
5. If you have a fever take some fever relief medicine.
6. Break out your Bible and catch up on your reading.
7. Pray and ask God to heal you in His way and His time.
8. Use common sense and stay warm, and ride it out.
9. Wash your hands so you don't spread the illness.

Then I always make chicken soup. It has a warming effect, makes you feel good from head to toe and is a reminder that God is with you. He made all the ingredients. I have attached one recipe that I like to use below. My prayer for you is that you don't need this, but only make it because you like soup.

God bless, Be healthy.

Marty

Wild Rice and Chicken Soup

  Ingredients     


Directions

  1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery and carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 2 more minutes. Then add the flour and stir well. Gradually pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly, until all has been added. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer.
  2. Next, add the rice, chicken, salt, curry powder, mustard powder, parsley, ground black pepper, almonds and sherry. Allow to heat through, then pour in the half-and-half. Let simmer for 1 to 2 hours. (Note: Do not boil or your roux will break.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment