Sunday, October 26, 2014

Life After Fritz 10/26/2014

Good Afternoon.

Once again I am writing late due to duck season. My coffee this morning was Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend. It sure tasted good in the goose blind today.

1 Samuel 16:7New King James Version (NKJV)
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees;[a] for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”





I am posting two pictures one of our dog Fritz who had to be put down in early 2014 and the other is of our two year old replacement Springer Gibbs. Fritz ended his life with 4031 retrieved birds. It was just a natural thing for him to do. As he was slowing down quickly we purchased Gibbs. It wasn't long after, that we knew Gibbs was not going to be a s big as Fritz. I was somewhat disappointed with Gibbs at first. I never thought I would see him do tough retrieves let alone handle a Canadian Goose. Well he has proved himself to be quite the hunter. What he lacks in size he overcomes with heart. Rene said many times "just give him a chance".

I believe we all need to do that with others. We often look at the stature and make up of a person and decide that they aren't fit for what the aspire to do at work or in ministry. But most of the time they just need a chance to prove what they can do. We should all be training our replacements at work and in ministry.  We see the resume, God sees the heart.

Have a great day!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment