Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Illness, A Blessing To Others?

Good Morning,

It is Thursday and I can see Friday over the top of my glasses. My mug is filled with Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee. I will be enjoying this cup with an apple spice English Muffin, then off to work.

James 5:13-15English Standard Version (ESV)

The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

No one likes being sick or in pain. My heart goes out to those suffering today. As I was reading through this Scripture with a friend the thought occurred to me that when I am sick, or injured and people pray for me, my injury or illness has blessed them. When they graciously pray for me, my illness or injury and their friendship for me has caused them to go before God on my behalf. They spend time with God which deepens their prayer life. They spend time with our Creator. They show Him their true heart and He shows them His.

So next time someone says "hey I am praying for you," you can say thank you and you are welcome.

Be willing to pray for others. Their illness or injury is good for your soul. Your injury or illness blesses others!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment