Friday, October 3, 2014

Just a Few Stiches Needed 10/3/2014

Good Morning.

I am a little sleepy eyed today. Last night Rene and I went to our nephew's high school football game. The weather was warm but rainy. My coffee this morning is Door County Pumpkin Spice. That should wake me up in a hurry.

The game was a good one and our nephew Matt played well. Early in the second quarter we saw that he wasn't getting up very fast from the ground after a play. Then the athletic trainer went out on the field and they took his football helmet off. There was a good cut over his eye. I couldn't see what was going on from where I sat. I murmured a quick prayer from my seat asking God to not let the injury be too bad. Later we found out that a few stiches were needed to close up the wound and Matt would be fine. So his Mom and Dad would be taking him to urgent care for a sew job over his eye.

It could have been worse. Not what we wanted to see but it could have been worse. I am thankful for a good outcome. Although the circumstances were not perfect I find myself praising God for a great nephew, an eye that will heal quick and for a night spent with family enjoying a football game.

Psalm 13:6New King James Version (NKJV)
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
 
God bless,
 
Marty
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment