Sunday, October 5, 2014

Men And Steak 10/5/2014

Good Morning World.

May the peace and love of Jesus be with you today. This cold morning finds my cup filled with Door County Pumpkin Spice coffee.

This cold Sunday morning finds me going to church with a grill and some beef steaks. You say "What"???? Each year the Men's Ministry at our church sponsors an event called "Men's Steak Night". Men gather for a steak large enough to feed a horse, potatoes, beans, garlic bread and root beer. We also enlist the services of a speaker to inspire us with a word from God. This year we will be enjoying a word from Pastor Tim Hall. Pastor Tim is the shepherd of the Milwaukee Chapter of the Christian Motor Cycle Association. He has a powerful testimony and is a Spirit filled speaker. The Gospel message always goes out.

The event is always a highlight of our year. Men share in fellowship, grill their steak over hard wood fires and then listen for God to speak. It allows for men to bring their sons, sons of others, friends or Dads to a "guy night". It also allows for men to share by purchasing a ticket for someone who might not have enough money to buy their own. No man is left behind here!

Today we will be grilling steaks outside of church and handing out samples ( even to the ladies) to promote our carnivore evening. Many of the ladies recognize the importance of sending their men to this event and will often purchase a ticket for the men in their lives.

Two things are accomplished Biblically by this event. Evangelism and fellowship are the goals completed by us grilling some beef.

1 Corinthians 9:16-17 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. For if I do this voluntarily, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have a stewardship entrusted to me -


1 John 1:3          
That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment