Thursday, October 2, 2014

Looking Ahead 10/2/2014

Good Morning.

I am expecting this day to run well into the night. As I leave for work my cup is filled with Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. Finally the cool weather is returning.

Last night I spent some time getting ready for a duck hunting trip. I was busy choosing the right decoys and packing my duck and goose calls. Some last finishing touches on the boat and some paint on the oars topped off the night.

Our daughter Kristy called yesterday to schedule a visit with us for our grandson. She has blessed us in many ways but most of all the visits from her and the family are the best treats of all. So Dominick will return later this fall to partake of some cold weather, along with some goose and duck hunting. There will be plenty of chicken wings to eat ( his favorite) and a lot of laughs.

 



But with that comes a week of responsibility for me. We don't get to see Dom too often as the miles apart are many. So along with the fun, hunting, prayer and food I get to talk and teach a few things about life that only grandpas know. As I write this my eyes get a little heavy as I think ahead to the good times coming.  What will warm us for the rest of the winter are the memories and photos.

 I have a photo of Kristy when she tried hunting with me many years ago. She might have been a freshman in high school about then. Hunting really wasn't for her. We went shopping on the way home and that was a little more in line with her tastes. But I still remember that day like it was yesterday. You can see from the picture above the "joy in her eyes" as we prepared clothes for her hunt the next day. But I do remember what we talked about on the ride to the marsh and on the return ride home. I wonder if she does?



Deuteronomy 4:9  “Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”

Off to work with a grin on my face.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment