Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Expensive Perfume 10/7/2014

Good Morning,

The coffee that fills my cup is Door County Maple today. I always look forward to that first cup and then the second one.

My wife does like to wear just a dab of perfume after work. With her job in health care and being close to patients she can't wear perfume to work. Fragrances can be hard on patients and some are allergic to perfumes. Being the duck hunter that I am, leads me to tell Rene that she doesn't need to spend a lot of money on perfume. I always tell her to just put a dab of gun oil behind her ear and I'll love her forever. But she chooses to wear more delicate fragrances. I will be the first to say that I do enjoy most of them. As for me I am an Old Spice kind of guy. Lucky for Rene!

One day Rene was a little down and I asked why. Rene replied with "I left the top of my perfume open and it spilled out". Well once a bottle of perfume spills you can't put the perfume back in the bottle. The top needs to stay on to save the fragrance. Good advice for teens too.

Young people are under such pressure not to save themselves for marriage. Many teens lose their virginity by the age of seventeen. Once that is gone, like perfume spilled, it is gone forever.

The Bible has much to say about chastity and abstaining from sex outside of marriage. Here's a few verses to help those young people in your life.

 2 Timothy 2:22
 
Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Psalms 119:9
                         
How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word.


1 Thessalonians 4:3
 
For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.

Hey, love those teens. Reach them right. Most of all be there if they slip. Life isn't usually the same for them, but let them know that no matter what happened Jesus still loves them and so do you.  Pray for those kids without ceasing.

God bless your day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment