Monday, October 27, 2014

I Still Believe In Wedding Rings And Bibles 10/27/2014

Good Morning,

Monday starts the week off with a temperature change here. According to the weather forecast we are headed out to be colder by the end of the week. That's fine with me. I have plenty of coffee and the cold weather always improves duck hunting. This morning finds my cup filled with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee.



 I usually get referred to as "Old School" when describing me and the way that I do things. That's fine with me. I take it as a compliment even when it isn't intended that way. I also know that it means that I usually won't bend on my ideals. That's fine too. Two things stand hard with me now, long after my foolish young days.

I believe in Wedding Rings and Bibles.

I believe wedding rings stand for marriages that are meant to last.

Genesis 2:22-24

Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.  The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man."  For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
 
I believe that the Bible was, is and will be God's Word to His people. I believe that it is the book of Truth and is without flaw.
 
2 Timothy 3:16New King James Version (NKJV)16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,


Isaiah 40:8King James Version (KJV)
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.


I believe that a marriage which combines the Bible with a couple's love for one another and follows Biblical principals can stand strong during temptation and trials.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

God loves you.

Have a great day.

Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment