Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Some People Don't Make It Easy 8/6/2024

 Good Morning,

My Thermos bottle was just filled with Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. The aroma of the coffee is really filling the house nicely. It is time to write. 

1John 4:11-14 NIV Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us. 

13. This is how we know that we live in him and he in us; He has given us his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 

As Christians we are to love one another, tolerate one another and be kind to one another. This is also applied to neighbors and strangers. Sometimes it is hard to love certain people. It is a real challenge to muster up some respect, and kindness to certain people. Some people just have to personally insult you when you have a different view on world events than they have. 

The upcoming United States Presidential election is already quite contentious. I believe I need to vote and it is my right to do so. I keep my politics pretty much to myself and vote with my heart. I have already experienced acquaintances, and some friends who come out of nowhere and drop a verbal bomb on my political views, which they do not know. They assume they know my heart and think they will sway my vote with insults. 

Some people are just hard to love. But when all is said and done. The president elected will be in place whoever that is, and God will know that they are there in the office. 

Romans 13:1-2 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God,  and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those that resist will incur judgement. 

I can vote against a party or for one. But in the process of doing so, I still need to show respect for the offices, and opinions of others. I expect that others will do the same for me.  It's hard to do when you disagree with a platform or those running for office. But God expects us to do so. 

Food for thought,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment