Thursday, August 8, 2024

Protect Your Hearing 8/8/2024

 Good Morning,

My choice for my morning beverage is Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and it is time to write. 

I have always been protective of my hearing. I have some sound resistant ear muffs that I use around loud machinery , like our yard tractor. When practicing my shooting with my shot gun I wear the ear covers as well. So far, my best years are behind me now, but I still have pretty good hearing. 

2 Timothy 4:3-4 NKJV For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4. and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Where am I going with this today? Good question. It's important to also protect your spiritual hearing. There is a lot of false spiritual information out there. We also are often bent in a way that we listen to what we want to hear, not what we need to hear. 

I apply a filter to my hearing when I turn on my radio and listen to some of these pod casts or radio preachers. My filter is the Bible. I will test their statements against scripture to see if what they are saying is sound doctrine. Once I establish that they are preaching a false doctrine, I change the radio dial. If you allow enough false teaching into your life, you begin to believe that stuff. If you only listen to what you want to hear from others or advisors you might just be "cherry picking" what God wants you to hear and you miss out, mess up, and make yourself to be a fool. 

The Bible provides the truth in all matters and is the inspired word of God. It is the authority we need and should use when testing what comes out of the mouths of many false teachers, especially in these days.

2Timothy 3:16 NKJV All Scripture is given by inspiration, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof , for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 

1 John 4:1-3 NKJV Beloved do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 

Lots to chew on this morning. Your Bible is the test mechanism to determine if what you hear is from God or not. Dust it off and protect your the hearing of you mind. Keep your ears from itching. 

God bless,

Marty





No comments:

Post a Comment