Tuesday, August 20, 2024

In God's Hands 8/20/2024

 Good Morning,

I am set to be on the road in a few minutes and I will be packing a Thermos bottle full of Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee for the ride.

Isaiah 49:16 Behold I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, your walls are continually before me. 


I have thought about a lot of things lately and my mind is like a well visited playground, used and abused. While cleaning out the garage I found a tool that I had been looking for a long time. I placed the tool inside a box that was meant to hold some ancient tools which belonged to my grandfather. It was a steel hammer and a small anvil used to peen over rivets. The rivets were used to repair strapping and belts. I only used the anvil and rivet hammer once in my life, but I stored it away for safe keeping. I stored it so well that I forgot where I stored it. My treasure was lost for about twenty five years. 

Corrie ten Boom said "I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all, but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

An anvil and hammer are not really all that important and I could have never found them.  But my love for God and my family, I place in the hands of God where they are safe and secure. My beautiful memories I have placed in God's hands. 

Food for thought. If it is important, place it in the hands of God.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment