Saturday, August 24, 2024

Preparing The New Old Boat 8/24/2024

 Good Morning,

My mug was just filled with hot Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and it is time to write.

Yesterday I started a project to refurbish a small row boat and turn it into a duck skiff. My nephew stopped by to assist me in getting started. I am a long way from finished but with some steady work on the old rig, it will be water worthy in a few weeks. Once I have a few more minor repairs done, I can give her a new paint job. 

Psalm 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well. 

It is amazing what a new paint job does for an old boat. It is the same with us people also. Sometimes it just does a person good to get cleaned up, dressed up, and head out to nice dinner or a show. You could use church as an occasion to spruce up and then take in a brunch afterwards. 

Friends, my point is this. Treat yourself good now and then. You are wonderfully made and you need to be nice to yourself and celebrate just being you. 

You are loved. 

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment