Friday, November 29, 2019

The Sound Of Silence 11/29/2019

Good Morning,

This day started with prayer, and a hot cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee. I had the pleasure of drinking that first cup outside on the patio today. The cold weather wasn't  too bad on this Friday.

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.


While I was out in the yard long before sunrise and our two dogs were roaming around the silence was awesome. Quiet never sounded so good to me. I could pray and at the same time I swear it was so quiet that I could hear my heart beat.

Quiet is one thing that rejuvenates me in a way that I cannot describe. I guess that's why I like the early mornings and hunting so much. The business of the world doesn't cloud my brain when I am in silence. My prayer time is much better and satisfying.

Friends we can't always find silence and tranquility, but when we do, take advantage of the time to pray and soak in the sounds of silence. We all know that peace and quiet only last so long. And it is never long enough. Want some peace in your life today? Shut off the radio and television. Take a walk alone and pray.  Take advantage of your ability to manufacture quiet and enjoy a walk away from the hustle and bustle of life for an hour.

God bless,

Marty

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find the quiet of the early morning the best time for prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Ray. Thanks for sharing. It is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete