Thursday, November 14, 2019

I Need, I Want 11/14/2019

Good Morning,

I will be having my Door County Peanut Butter Crunch later today. I have an appointment very early this morning and a cup of coffee is not part of that meeting.  I will embrace a cup this afternoon.


Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus. 

My wife always questions my statement "I need this" with a question. "Do you really need this or is it just something you want"? She knows me very well. When there have been some new items that would make duck hunting easier or possibly better I always said "I need this". It seems to win her over to saying "then get it". I once said that I needed another shotgun and one day while I was cleaning my shotguns she asked a question. "How many shotguns can you shoot at one time"? I replied "one". She went on. "So if you go hunting and you take two shotguns with you and one is a spare just in case, heaven forbid, something goes wrong with one, when do the other ones get fired?" She had me into a corner and I explained that the others were gifts and some had been inherited. Some were for other special purposes. She was on to me and the fact was that I owned some things out of want and not from need. When I truly needed a new hunting coat and hag dropped a million hints near my birthday about my need of a new coat, I heard this. "Why don't you sell or trade one of those "needed shotguns for a new coat"? She smiled and walked away.

Friends we all too often purchase out of want verses a need. When I decided that I needed to change my bad habit of just buying things I wanted, the check book seemed to grow in financial favor. I found myself finding better deals on our needs, such as groceries. We had more to share with others. What I had read in my Bible now became alive to me. I forgot that God supplies our needs according to His riches and when He does so it is expected that we share with others. Who better than God knows exactly what we need? As the currency I use says "In God We Trust" I also need to place my needs in His hands and let Him decide what we need instead of wanting.

Enjoy a great day!!!

Marty









my bad habit

No comments:

Post a Comment