Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A Sweet Treat. 11/5/2019

Good Morning,

Peace and joy to all who read this today is my prayer for you. A hot cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee went with me outside when I did a little dog training this morning. Our youngest  puppy is coming along and really has discovered his nose. Some day he will be ready to hunt.


My wife Rene is diabetic and it bothers me when she has to pass on sweet treats while others can eat them. She doesn't complain and is very regimented in her care for herself. I discovered a small candy shop in the city of West Allis Wisconsin where they make sugar free chocolates. I can actually get them wrapped in a heart shaped box for my sweetheart. As far as sugar free goes, Rene says that these are awesome. So now and then when I am in the area I will stop and bring her home a treat.

Proverbs 17:9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it will separate close friends. 

I for one, prefer hard candy with strong flavors. I found some hard candy that is sugar free and Rene tried one that I like the best. She spit it out, claiming that it was bitter.

The point that I want to make is this. Just as we would spit out a candy that was not pleasant to us and relieve ourselves of the foul taste, we also should remove the bitter taste of not forgiving people. We can give ourselves a sweet treat and lessen the burden of our hearts by forgiving someone today. Someone will always work to offend us or cause us grief. When we harbor our anger, hatred or plain dislike we become bitter within our hearts like a candy that just doesn't taste good.

Our hearts harden and we back away from trying forgive and then we miss out on many of the blessings of life. I know of people who won't attend a church function because someone else will be there who offended them years and years ago, Their hard hearts rob them of the blessings of the event.

So today treat yourself to the sweet release of the burden of carrying a grudge or hurt. It will make today a better one and like a good candy will last for along time.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment