Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thankful For You 11/28/2019

Good Morning,

As I write our two English Springer Spaniels are sound asleep. We were out early doing some heavy dog field training. They both have a full belly now and they drank plenty of water. I see contentment on their faces.  I am warm and also content with a hot mug of Door County Autumn Harvest Coffee sitting next to me.

So in America today it is our national holiday of Thanksgiving. I have a long list of those to be thankful for, family, friends, our brave men and women of the armed forces. our healthcare workers, pastors, police and fire departments, elected officials and the list goes on.

I want to tell all of you that as my feet hit the floor this morning and I lifted up my first prayer, God spoke and said to pray for all of you who will read this.  I personally know some of the readers, but to be honest there are readers from many nations. some of us will never meet until God calls us home. Some of you are going through flooding and earthquakes right now. War is visiting some. The ugly word cancer has called upon some of you. This holiday and the next holiday in line will be a first for many who have had life changes this year. The first year without a job, or now a new one. The first year celebrating a holiday without someone who has always been at your table. You were prayed for with thankfulness

Luke 12:7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; 

We have a great God who knows the number of hairs on your head. When a sparrow falls. God knows it, So when God said to pray and ask for the readers to be blessed I want you to know that I was obedient and did as asked. He knows when and where you will read this. My blanket prayer asked for you to be blessed from above with what God knows you need. I asked for Him to bless as He sees fit, in His time and in only a way that He can do. This prayer was not too much to ask from our Almighty God. What He is going to do is up to Him. Right after I prayed, I prayed again but my words came from Scripture. I believe these words captured the essence of the prayer and the holiday. Readers you are loved and I want you to know that. Here is what God led me to in my second prayer.

Numbers 6:24-26 

24  The Lord bless you and keep you.  25  The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. 26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. 

Have A Wonderful Day

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty, May you and Rene have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving
    Ray and June

    ReplyDelete