Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Deer Tracks Right Outside The Window 11/12/2019

Good Morning,

Door County Maple Coffee is warming me up this morning and it is working overtime. I will be headed out to hunt in a few minutes and after some prayer, it is time to write.

Genesis 5:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about  that many should be fed, and kept alive, as they are today. 



Last night before going to bed I turned the flood lights for our back yard on just to look outside for a few minutes. I couldn't help but see that we had a set of deer tracks about 5 feet from our patio doors. They weren't there earlier in the day so we had to assume that a deer walked by our window after 5 PM and before 9 PM. I showed the tracks to my wife and she wondered how we didn't see the deer. I pointed out the obvious and said. At 5 PM it is dark outside and the deer was looking to eat, and it never rang the door bell. I had noticed that Sunday night our puppy Leo had picked up a couple apples from our neighbor's yard which had fallen from their tree and he left them on our patio. The deer came in quietly like deer do, ate the two apples and went on his or her way.

Leo fed one of the "neighbors". I found this to be amusing and put it back in my mind. This winter hit early and hard. Some animals will be looking to eat and ice and snow will rob them of some of their food sources. Deer like to eat apples and our yard is secluded. This deer found some food thanks to Leo being mischievous. What Leo did might be funny to some, but he violated his boundaries. Those apples could only have come from the neighbor's yard. God took his ill gotten treasure and fed the deer from Leo's pirated booty.

God does that from time to time and teaches us a lesson or two. What we mean to do as evil God uses for  good. Usually when our motives are pointed out to the world and we are proven guilty God shows us that only He can take our evil actions and do something good with them, further ostracizing us. So my friends drop the evil thoughts and actions. God knows what you are thinking and doing, Getting caught is embarrassing and learning an object lesson from God can be painful.

Be nice today, practice kindness and love big. You can;t go wrong there,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment