Friday, November 8, 2019

Frozen Doors 11/8/2019

Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and next to me is a large cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. At my feet are two sleeping dogs. I started this day with prayer and my hopes are to end it the same way.

Proverbs 16:24 Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.



Yesterday morning I had the luxury of cleaning the snow from our driveway. It wasn't a large amount. Most of the mess was frozen ice pellets. This time of the year finds us parking one of our vehicles outside. This is due to the piles of duck and goose hunting equipment that takes up one stall in the garage. Soon it will be put away until next year.

This left our Jeep outside for the day. I had cleared the snow from the Jeep in the morning and ran it until it warmed up. But I never took it anywhere until last night. So as I was going to go and fill the gas tank so my wife would have a full tank for her travels tomorrow, I remembered that there was some thing in the back of the Jeep that I wanted to remove. I went to open the back hatch and found that it was frozen shut and I mean frozen. No coaxing or pulling was going to open that hatch.

After praying about it, my weak mind reminded me that the only thing ice doesn't like is heat. So I stretched out a cord and plugged in a heat gun. I slowly applied some heat to the frozen gasket areas sing out load "Let It Go! Let It Go! The warmth melted the ice and soon I was emptying the Jeep.

When I came into the house, Rene asked me if I was practicing my rendition of Let It Go from the Disney movie Frozen. I assured her that Frozen isn't my cup of tea. I did however tell her that if they ever need people to be one of the 7 dwarfs in a remake of Snow White I could be the man for the job. Her answer was "you bet Dopey".

Here is the point of the day. Some people can be stubborn and unwilling to budge from the throne of being crabby. But instead of fighting the ice of their hearts with a cold shoulder of our own, we should gently apply the warmth of love and patience. A kind word goes a long way. A kind deed done from a warm heart melts icy hearts.

So today you have the power to add to an iceberg heart or the power to melt it with love. Your choice!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment