Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Cleaning The Carpets There Is A Lesson Here. 11/6/2019

Good Morning,

Some honey Crisp apple slices are simmering slowly in a buttered pan with some cinnamon sprinkled on top. This will be my breakfast and it will be accompanied by a big mug of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee. What a blessing!


Last night Rene and I tackled a chore that does not make me jump for joy. We did a deep cleaning of the carpeting on the stairs to the second floor of our home as well as the rest of the second floor. It really isn't all that bad. We have a carpet cleaning machine that does a pretty good job. It just takes some time and effort to run it around the floors and the stairs. I walked on the carpeting this morning and it is dry already. Next week the first floor!

I noticed that the rinse water that was collected last night was a little dirtier than normal. We have some major road construction  going on near our home and all summer  long the dust has been horrendous to deal with. As often as we dusted the house and vacuumed the carpeting it still had some pretty muddy rinse water. We actually, to be on the "clean side" went over the carpeting twice.

The carpeting looks great this morning and I am proud of the job we did, So here is the lesson, What we thought was clean, wasn't. It needed a deeper look and when we discovered what we had, a more arduous cleaning needed to take place.

Friends we go through life and don't even realize that some bad habits have crept into our lives. A little sin  such as an impure thought, rough language, or little lies creeps in and becomes normal. They are so small that we don't realize that we picked up a habit which in all reality is sin. We need to examine our hearts and our lives with a deep look. And who better to look into the heart for us than the Holy Spirit. Ask and you will be given.

Psalm 138:23-24 Search me o Lord and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 Show me any wicked ways within me and lead me and lead me in the way everlasting. 

Food for thought. How clean is the carpeting of your heart?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment