Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Stars, The Moon, And the Sun, Assurances From Heaven 9/18/2016

Good Morning,

What a nice morning to be outside with a cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee. The temperature is cool and it would be a perfect morning to be hunting. I had to take a pass on the hunt today. I have a list of chores to do that require them being done today. From where I sit outside right now I can smell the pork loins I have in the smoker cooking ever so slowly.  This is a great spot to be!
    
Jeremiah 31:35
 
Thus says the LORD, Who gives the sun for light by day And the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar; The LORD of hosts is His name:

I went to bed last night with the light of the moon shining through our windows from the East. It was huge and to say the least, it was a spectacular sight. It was important for me to get up before sunrise and see the moon again while facing West. The moon was further away, but still very bright. It takes about 27 days for the moon to complete it's full orbit around the Earth. But we cannot forget that the Earth is orbiting also. Thus we have night and day. I took a picture with my phone this morning of what I saw. It did my heart good to see the Old Moon in it's orbit. The picture isn't the greatest but it meant a lot to me.


From watching the moon from the East and then seeing it again hours later facing the West surrounded by some fading stars and the sun rising in the East I felt God's hand on the Earth. We take for granted that He put the universe in motion. He created the sun, the moon and the stars. He set the pace for the orbits. Now since we know He did all that we surely can know that He is still in charge and sits on His throne.

You are probably thinking that any guy who stares at the moon before going to bed and then wakes up to see it again has too much time on his hands or is one French Fry short of a Happy Meal. This might be true. When I see the evidence of God's existence and I know can face today, and tomorrow because He lives,  and it can be visibly seen. I know He lives another way too. He lives within my heart. This morning my heart was in tune with what I saw.

Know this dear friends. You are loved. Share something good with someone today and pass on some love. God shared the moon, the stars and a sunrise with me.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment