Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Sharp Ax And Marriage 9/1/2016

Good Morning,

Hey! One more day until Friday. I will be starting to drink my favorite Door County Fall Flavors on Friday. Maple or Pumpkin? Now there's a question. But today it is a big cup of Red Velvet Mocha.



I like to cut wood for our fireplace. I enjoy having a hot fire on a cold day while eating a bowl of chili. I like to split the logs by hand. Somehow it makes me feel more manly and splitting wood is a long time family tradition. But splitting wood with a dull ax is never a good idea. I keep mine good and sharp. It makes the task easier and there is nothing like the sound of an ax as it slices through a log.

Ecclesiastes 10:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10 If the ax is dull,
And one does not sharpen the edge,
Then he must use more strength;
But wisdom brings success

You might be wondering what a sharp ax and marriage have in common. Well here we go! If a dull ax adds more hard work to an already difficult task, so does having a dull marriage add to the difficulty of life for a husband and wife. Couples we need to keep the marriage sharp. We need to keep dating long after the "I do" portion of the wedding. Dedicating some time together and doing something is a key link in keeping the marriage "sharp". Guys don't be afraid to ask your spouse if she wants to go with you when you do guy things. Rene doesn't hunt but she loves to take pictures. So once in awhile we go out together and I shoot pheasants and Rene takes pictures. I do not like to shop but Rene does. Most of all she loves shopping for antiques. So off we go, she shops and I look for things on her list. We always end up in a custard shop on the way home. We compromise on what we will do, but we do something and it is a date.

Before the marriage is swinging a battle axe at each other start dating just like you were doing when you met. I suggest once a week or once every other week, But do it!

The fire you rekindle may just be heart warming!

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment