Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Sight For Sore Eyes 9/29/2016

Good Morning,

I woke up and I heard the Door County Maple Coffee brewing into the pot. I heard it before I could smell it today. That is highly irregular for me. I usually pick up the aroma before I hear anything.



Last weekend Rene and I went away to celebrate our anniversary. Traveling brings us to the decision of "what to do with our dog"?  Gibbs does well when we take him to a kennel that actually runs the hunting dogs in the fields. That's one option. The dogs are well taken care of and I trust the owners explicitly.

The other option is to leave him at home. Our nephew Nick has watched Gibbs for us before and once again Gibbs is very well taken care of. This time Nick was willing to watch Gibbs and we agreed that it was a good idea for Nick to duck hunt with him.

Opening day came Saturday and there were no posts on Facebook to read or pictures to see of dogs, young men, and dead ducks. My mind started to go places it shouldn't. For instance I was a little worried that Gibbs would not listen to Nick. He is a one owner kind of dog. I then thought. "Well Nick lost another phone somehow to damage or water. Maybe they aren't seeing ducks at all. That would be bad for both of them."

Later pictures and texts started rolling in. It seems as if my two compadres were so busy shooting ducks that they did not have time to send a picture. Nick and his buddies hit 21 ducks and that kept the pooch pretty busy. Worrying did not do me any good and as a matter of fact a friend of mine called me a "helicopter parent". Argh!

All the worrying did for me was to raise my blood pressure and drive Rene nuts. I did pray for them a few times and should have known that Gibbs would behave, Nick would take great care of him and if at all possible those two would get some ducks. They are a proven twosome.

We tend to worry about nothing at times and nothing eats us up. Besides praying I should have read my Bible and looked up worry.

Matthew 6:25-34New International Version (NIV)
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I needed to check the blueprint for life. Instead I worried. Sure was proud of those two.

Marty

2 comments: