Monday, September 26, 2016

Poutine And The Bible 9/26/2016

Good Morning,

Yesterday I was able to stop in at the Door County Coffee Company to visit and shop. I did however leave with some of their Ethiopian Coffee. So guess what's in my cup this morning?
 Great coffee to say the least!

I recently traveled to another city and while there one of the local fellas who comes from Canada asked me to try some poutine. I asked what it was and he smiled and said "try it you'll like it."

Poutine (/pˈtn/; Québec French: [put͡sɪn] is a Canadian dish, originating in the province of Québec, made with French fries and cheese curds topped with a light brown gravy. This fast-food dish is typically found across Canada and in some places in the northern United States, less often elsewhere and is still considered 'exotic' in such places.[ In Canada it is sold in small "greasy spoon" type diners (commonly known as cantines or casse-croûtes in Québec) and pubs, as well as by roadside chip wagons (commonly known as cabanes à patates, literally "potato shacks") and in hockey arenas



He asked me to try it without knowing what was coming. Once I saw the poutine I knew I would like it. I just never heard it called by that name. I have eaten poutine before and liked it. So to me it was a treat that was not foreign at all. This young man is proud of his heritage and it would be completely wrong of me to not have eaten  what he had brought for me. We should at all times consider the graciousness of others and do our best to not hurt any feelings with a picky appetite. People tend to give visitors the best that they have to offer.

Luke 10:8English Standard Version (ESV)
Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you.

This lesson needs to start at home with the children. I don't see in the job description for mothers and dads the title "short order cook". Kids can learn more  about contentment with the simple lesson of "Eating What Is On The Table". They might learn to stay at a job longer than 5 years. When kids learn that they can rule the table it will soon lead to other battles that aren't needed. Adults, practice what you preach, set the example.  The broccoli you eat just might lead to peace and quiet!

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment