Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Malt Shops, Doo Wop, And Poodle Skirts 9/14/2016

Good Morning,

I have Door County Autumn Spice Coffee on my tongue, a song in my heart, and a prayer to be said. This is a great way to wake up.



I love listening to old music from the forties through the sixties. I have said many times before that I was born too late. I really would have fit in with malt shops, hot rod cars and girls wearing poodle skirts. I love the old Gospel hymns and find myself surfing Pandora from station to station creating a mix of both genres. Mix in a little Country Western tunes and we have music Xanadu for me.

Last night while driving home from church one of my favorite Oldie Doo Wop tunes came on. In the lyrics a young man is singing about his undying love for some girl. He promises to adore her till the tropic sun goes cold, which implies always and forever.

I was pondering these lyrics and thought about God's love for us. He loved us before we were born and will love us through eternity. The sun that beats down on a hot day and never seems to cool off will long be cold and God will still love us. The thought of someone loving me so much that He can put up with me for that long shows me what heaven will be like. It is permanent love at all times. This gives me hope that what awaits me is perfect. This thought is backed up by Scripture.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son to die on the cross that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

I like to take the word world out of this passage and substitute my name. For God so loved Marty or I add the word me. It makes it so much more personal and gives me hope of love and life eternal.

Try it. Add your name. Say it out loud. What a feeling it is!

Love you all!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment