Thursday, September 22, 2016

Forced To Rest 9/22/2016

Good Morning,

I pray your day goes well, your Coffee is as good as my Door County Caramel Apple and you grow closer to God. Amen!



I have a confession to make about the night before last night. I am out of town and when I got back to the hotel where I am staying after a camp meeting at a rural church, I answered some emails and while doing so I fell asleep only to wake up three hours later in the chair with my head on my computer. If my forehead somehow managed to send you a whacky email during that time I apologize.

After waking up, I washed my face and sat down on the couch to have a drink of water. I never made it to bed.  I woke up again sitting on the couch and it was morning. I had slept for 8.5 hours. This is highly unusual for me. I remember praying for my family and that was the last thing I remember. I woke up refreshed and hungry. I must be truly honest. That extra sleep did make me feel a little guilty for having slept that long. But then I thought about it and decided that someone either had been praying for me to rest or God  decided to make me rest. Either way His hand was on my sleep.

Psalm 23:1-3

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.

God allows us to feel tired. That is His way of telling us we need rest. It is a way that He tells us that we are His children. With the built in fatigue alarm we have, our Heavenly Father tells us it is time to go to bed.

So when fatigue speaks and tells you that you are tired. Obey the Creator and go to bed.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments: