Saturday, September 24, 2016

Prayer For The Boys, It's Automatic 9/24/2016

Good Morning,

This morning finds me drinking my Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee actually in Door County.

Rene is still asleep and I have been awake and up for some time. Duck season opened today in the Northern part of our state. You might not be able to tell, but I am not hunting. In a few days we will celebrate a milestone anniversary and we decided to get away for a weekend. Duck season went on the back burner for a week.

So for me to sit one out and not be goose or duck hunting seems odd, but it is soooo right. The two that I hunt the most with are out in a swamp right now. Those two are my nephew Nick and our dog Gibbs. When I awoke at 4:30AM I rolled over and smiled and began to pray that the ducks would be flying for them and that all those in their hunting group would have a safe day. They should be wet, full of mosquitoes and have bagged a few ducks by now. If those two were cards in a poker game I would bet on them every time. The two that I raised to hunt are out together enjoying a swamp together.



To some of you it might seem silly to wake up at 4:30 and pray for a dog and a nephew.  Well I pray for many people at times like that. When I wake up and the Holy Spirit has laid someone on my heart I immediately pray for them.

Ephesians 6:18New International Version (NIV)
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Do you respond automatically for prayer when called or is it only at a scheduled time? I see a few more people are ordering cars with manual transmissions again. I had plenty of those in my old jalopies when I was younger. Four on the floor baby is how we rolled back in the day. But with these arthritic elbows and knees now I really enjoy an automatic transmission. I like my prayer to be like that too. "Automatic". Right now, not later, less I forget and right to God we go. The prayer gears never grind, I can go from rest, to full speed prayer in a second or two.

Who is on your heart right now? Quit reading and pray for them. Then go back to reading.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment